Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Should Be Learning-- Stay tuned for more here

There's more on this subject to come. I am at Adult School. It's sort of daycare for adults and I learn stuff that keeps me out of trouble and makes me have to wake up usually at a decent hour. Actually I quite enjoy it. Love the Power Point application, and Word. I am not so keen on Excel and Access.
The point is I am supposed to be making myself employable. So instead, I sit here working on my blog.
The original purpose of this space was to produce pictures like this. Something kind of fun. Never figured it wouldn't take off, but it didn't. So then I started to pontificate. Shame on me. But I won't stop now. I'm used to it.

Ah, I notice I have another fan. Hip-hip-hooray! We're up to 11. That's not enough I know because I have a few detractors who have brought it up. Nonetheless, we're not bailing.
Soon I hope to start work on another blog. I thinking of calling it "Positive Space."
 If I know about one subject, it is about melancholy (depression.) I swear I have battled it since I was in fifth grade. I'm hoping to create a space where people who are-- we'll stick with "melancholy" can put in their two cents in an effort to help others. If there's something I have learned it is that people who are in trouble need a project of some sort in order to feel there is some accomplishment in their life. I am not trying to be saintly nor condescending, but if people just realize that they can help others with the same problems, well, it's a start, isn't it?

It all started with this "Success Poem" which I read in a typing test in my daycare. Check it out.

To laugh often and much;


To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

--- inaccurately attributed to

Ralph Waldo Emerson 
 
 
Poor Ralph Waldo Emerson didn't actually write this. Actually lucky for him he gets credit for it. Actually I wrote "Catcher in the Rye." Inaccurately attribute that one to me.

I have more on this topic--not the "Catcher in the Rye" thing but on this blog and the blog I want to start soon.
Let me know what you think. As always, Lulu my dog, all my family dogs, and I wish you well. Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment