Monday, June 7, 2010

Chinese Astronauts Eat Dogs on Mission-- True!

From all my extensive research (five minutes on the Internet) reputable newspapers report that Chinese astronauts ate dog meat in space (to maintain their strength.) No, not hot dogs as indicated above, but real Rover dogs, pun intended. Now this just makes me angry, but not for the reason you may think.
You may ask, what does this reporter/blogger/bon mot have against the Chinese and Sarah Palin?
As far as the Chinese go, I think they are clueless as to the ways of the world. Why dog meat? It's just self-indulgent, like asking for your 20 year-old girlfriend to go along on the mission with you because she's hot. Come on... they know this makes people angry-- eating our pets.
Now in the case of Sarah Palin, my wife swears I love her. Maybe I do. There is no end to the stupid things she says and does. She's a delight. I am one of those people who think our politicians should be smarter than the rest of us, not just more driven. I don't cotton to Rush and Sarah, not because they are Republicans, but because they are not George Will. But back to dog meat aboard the good ship Moo Shu.
Here's the rub, and why I am really angry at the Chinese for their choice of flight goodies. Probably one-third of the world's population finds nothing wrong in grilling up Fido. Face it. For some it's a cultural thing, eating dogs. For others, eating flesh of any kind is a novelty. I would think starving people might relish a good leg of poodle with mint jelly. While I appall that attitude, I do understand it.
To a good Hindu, I would expect eating chicken ala king in space pouches is offensive. Also vegetarians are offended often by the Western World's flesh eating proclivities. So now I have to think. And I don't want to think. I don't like to read directions and I don't want to think too hard.
I don't want to consider that eating a cow or a chicken is as offensive to some people as eating a dog is to me. I don't want to think that I might be hypocritical. I got nothing against cows and chickens except cows got snot in profusion and chickens are really stupid. But that's no reason to eat them because I can. I don't want to think that hard. I want my steak-- I want my Kentucky Fried wings. Chinese folks want their terrier.
So I got to think-- ruminate if you will. It makes me question. So then I move on to religion and God/god. Well, I don't want to tick people off. But why so complicated?
I want my hamburgers, I want my dogs not to look appetizing to my neighbors. I don't want to live on carrots. I don't want to consider too much.
I only ask for my family and friends to be happy and healthy, and that's not always the case. I'm tired of angst. I suffered teenage angst-- a mid-life crisis-- now senior depression. Only dementia could be an improvement.
STOP!
Freaking Chinese dog-eaters! Why do they have to start this? Okay, call me xenophobic. Call me any phobic you want. It might boost my readership-- but don't make me think. I am a blabber sort of person. Not a considerer. I write that way. I live that way. I put together jigsaw puzzles in a way that makes more considering sorts crazy.
Give me black and white. No shades of gray. And I don't want to have to think about which "gray/grey" I should be using in this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment