Monday, December 16, 2013

A HOLIDAY DOG POEM

Maurice the Dog
FC 12/9/13


Remember when we took the puppy
to the snow?
His black nose
black fur
amongst the white
romping
He'd nibble on my bearded chin
I was handsome then
You,
so young and beautiful
(no, you haven't changed much)
We threw snowballs
that Maurice the dog would chase
We tried to slide on disks down the hill
bogging down more than sliding
We've rescued more than one
puppy in our time
And you rescued me
from years full of winters
Now,
all the snow's gone to my hair
and I've been bogged down
for as long as I remember
but for those days
when I felt the cold
when I nibbled at your ears.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


1 comment:

  1. hi guru!!..what an adorable page!.i like everything that i saw and read..i love dogs!! such loyal creatures! great job indeed!!.cheers mr frank..:))

    ReplyDelete